Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sales And Such

Autumn picked up this pair of UGG boots a few weeks ago. They were pretty gnarly looking, and there  was also a small purple ink spot on the back, but after some suede brushing and overall TLC, this UGGly duckling became a beautiful pretty decent looking swan. My history with UGG is limited, we had a pair of men's sandal/slipper looking things that were hideously UGGly and sat around for a few months but did eventually sell. 
So I finally got them listed yesterday for $59.99.  Within an hour there were 3 watchers, and they sold yesterday evening. Boy do I love a fast sale! Needless to say, my opinion of UGG boots has changed. When it comes to buying things, the one factor that I go buy is "will it sell". There are several surefire sellers that we will buy every time (Dansko being one) almost regardless of condition. Autumn likes to try new things, whereas I will sit up and take notice only when they sell.  Then they are on my buy radar. I must say that she does have very good instincts when it comes to buying new items.

I enjoy old typewriters. I picked this Underwood Portable up at a yard sale over the summer. I bought it to sell, but when I got it home and realized how heavy it was, and what a pain the whole shipping thing would be, I kinda put off listing it. For 3 months. However, last month I decided it was time.  I photographed it, and listed it for $99.99 Or Best Offer. Yesterday I got an offer for $69.99, which I accepted. I am waiting on the payment (the one thing I don't like about Best Offer). I still need to figure out the best way to sent this beast.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Just stopping by to say I've recently found your blog and am enjoying your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Please keep tuning in for more adventures in the thrifting game! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, my complaint about Best Offer is the waiting on payment...or not getting payment. I, too, enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. It's funny because I only do Buy It Nows, and the one time I accept a best offer, I have to wait for payment. YOU made the offer, not me! Now I play the waiting game....

    ReplyDelete