Sunday, November 4, 2012

Flea Market Finds 11/4


As previously reported right here, today is the final day of 2012 for the flea market. It returns in April, but there is a new flea market in the works that is supposed to start in a month or so. Yay! 
On to the finds find. We found a vendor who had a box of wood type blocks that were used back in the day for newspapers. He was selling them for .50 cents each, so I picked the four coolest I could find. They are:
  • Top - Christmas Greetings
  • Left Center - Westborough Woman's Club
  • Right Center - Engineering/Installation/Design Financing
  • Bottom - Always In The Market For Antiques
I really like these.  I want to ink these and print them so when I list them the buyer can see the designs, but apparently we need a brayer to roll the ink on and then stamp them.  I tried using an ink pad and it did not work well.  That was it, but we did get to stop at the donut shop on the way home and I got 25 glazed chocolate donut holes.


After the flea market we went to the Goodwill where I picked up the Reyn Spooner shirts yesterday. There were several Go Barefoot Hawaiian shirts there and I picked up five.  We also found a Life Is Good t shirt, a cool Polo Sport t shirt, a Wilton Barney cake pan, microwave turntable, and Mr. Bacon vs Monsieur Tofu. I don't know what that is either.
In other news, the soon-to-be-world-famous Pioneer Valley Fashion Super Sunday Sale is going well, and I have sold several items.  The sale was scheduled to start at 1 minute past midnight this morning, but there was a glitch (I think setting the clocks back) and it did not start till 7 am. So I extended it by 7 hours. That's it for now, time to do some listing. Adios!

2 comments:

  1. I sold some printing blocks a while back and I had my daughter reverse the photos for me in Photoshop so that the buyer could see the image and read the printing. You might try that. Also be sure to put the word Letterpress in your title. You got some nice ones and at a fantastic price too! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete