Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Great 24 Hours!

Whenever Ebay decides to change things (and as we all know, this happens quite frequently), I always try to change with them. Lately its been:
  • Optimizing for mobile devices
  • Fast and Free shipping
  • More, larger pictures
  • Less wordy descriptions
I  have implemented all these things, and I have to say,  I think it has helped. November has been great so far, I am on pace to sell about 100 items for the month. In the last day I have sold 8 items (5 over night!), not a lot to some, but a whole bunch to me! Several of these items I had just listed a day or two ago. 6 shirts, a pair of SAS shoes, and a rubber stamp.
The best part was that I had one buyer purchase 2 shirts. One was free shipping, one was not.  He paid $5.04 shipping for the one. They are both heavy Polo Ralph Lauren rugby type shirts and together they weighed 2 pounds 5 ounces. After considering my options, I used a Priority Regional A Box (I am in MA, he is in NY) and the total cost for both shirts was....$5.04!!  That made my morning even better!
On the down side, my luck with not loosing packages may have come to an end.  I had a buyer from Hungary tell me that she has not yet received a jacket I sent her almost a month ago. It is insured, so if worst comes to worst, we will both get our money back. I asked her to give it another week and she was okay with that. If it doesn't arrive, I will issue a refund and file a claim with ShipSaver.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Don't you wish that happened all the time? I am glad to see someone getting sales, things have been slow for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do! The funny thing is when things are slow here, I notice other sellers getting sales. It seems to come in waves.

    ReplyDelete