Monday, November 12, 2012

A Trip To Savers


Our 2 local Savers had their Veterans Day Sale today which means 50% off clothing and shoes. I really like Savers, but they are on the high end when it comes to pricing, so we really only shop there during the 50% off sales. They both opened at 9:00, and we were at the first one at 8:55!  It was packed about 15 minutes after opening! Autumn tackled the shoe department and I went to clothing. We spent about 1 1/2 hours at store #1 and found 3 Tommy Bahama silk shirts, a Columbia PFG shirt, a Polo Golf jacket, 3 pairs of Danskos, 2 SAS, Merrell maryjanes, and a pair of Cole Haans.  A great trip, and a great way to start the day! 
On to Savers #2. We arrive at about 11:00. This store has a better clothing selection in my opinion.  Again, Autumn hits the shoes, and I go to clothes.  Highlights include: Ralph Lauren Purple Label polo shirt with tag from Neiman Marcus for $245.00!! (I paid $15.00), a Robert Graham R&G shirt, a Nat Nast silk shirt, 2 pairs of Clarks, and a nice Chaps polo shirt.  I also found a Pyrex Old Orchard bowl, which I will probably keep.
Heartbreaker of the day: Autumn found 5 pairs of SAS shoes but every single one had bad soles, some worn smooth!  I also found several nice Nike sneakers that had the same problem.  Oh well.
I got a message from Ebay this morning saying that from November 12-14, fixed price listings are free. Needless to say, tomorrow and Wednesday I am going to be busy!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you found some great items! I am great at finding them, just not listing! How do you keep yourself motivated to list???

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me the item is the motivator. If I have great items that I know will sell for good money, I'm a listing fool. If it's an unknown or there's no "wow factor", it takes a bit longer. But then there are days when I just watch Bonanza.

    ReplyDelete