Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

A Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving to all in the Blogosphere! Things have been on the quiet side here since my last post.  No thrifting, yard sailing, or flea marketeering.  Sales have been on the steady side, with the highlights being 2 vintage typewriter I had bought over the summer.

This one, an Underwood No. 5 from 1925-26 sold for $159.99. I had it at $199.99 OBO (I rejected 2 $100.00 offers) with free shipping, but it didn't sell, so I relisted with new photos at $159.99 + shipping.  It sold within a week. This baby weighed in at about 30 pounds, so I had to be very careful with packing and shipping. It arrived safely, but I have not gotten feedback yet.
If you ever find an old typewriter and want to find out when it was made, I highly recommend the Typewriter Serial Number Database.  All you need are two things: the brand of typewriter, and the serial number.

This is an Underwood Universal Portable from 1940-41(one of the first "portable" typewriters, although at 25 or so pounds, portable might not be the right word!). It went for $69.99. Anytime you can find an old typewriter in good condition for less than $10.00, pick it up. Due to the weight of these old timers, shipping is really the only drawback, but get a sturdy box and some styrofoam peanuts and you're good to go!
Good sales, all, but the flip of the week month goes to Autumn for this little gem:

She scored this Palm Z22 (as is, no cords or anything) for .25 cents. The seller was not sure it worked, but for the price why not.  She got it home, found a USB charging cable and lo and behold, it worked.  I listed it for $44.99 and it sold within a few hours! Yep, even these older PDAs go for some cash!
Well, I'm off to do some prepping for Thanksgiving dinner.  Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment