Friday, October 19, 2012

The Coffee Cup Conundrum





Well, we have a few coffee cup waiting patiently to be listed.  Autumn likes to buy coffee cups for us to resell. I however, am not that enthusiastic about them.  For a few reasons:

  • Not a real big money maker.
  • Shipping is a pain.
  • A heck of a lot of photographing.
But lately, I have decided to really start listing all those things that don't really appeal to me.  I find it hard to get motivated about these items, but the fact that they could and do appeal to others is what I need to realize.  That being said, I still face the issues listed above.
I have 2 pricing structures to consider:  $9.99 + shipping, or  $14.99 or so with free shipping (Fast and Free!).  Possibly more for the Far Side mug.
As far as shipping,  I am entertaining the FOMO method as shown here by Jason Smith of Thrifting With The Boys.  So this morning I wrapped up a sacrificial lamb mug the same way as in the video for a little stress testing.  With my 9 year old helper, Johnny, we threw it around the house, and bounced it down the stairs for 10 minutes or so.  It seemed to be fine.  Then I took it outside and launched it about 10 feet in the air onto our sidewalk.  Game over.  BUT, provided that the post office doesn't do that, I am willing to try it. I did order some 7x7x6 boxes from the PO just to be safe.
Photographing is well...photographing.  Can't sell without pictures. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment