Friday, October 19, 2012

College

A few weeks ago, I scored 3 college textbooks for $5.00 at a yard sale. The oldest one was from 2010, so I figured they were still current. I do not use a cell phone or tablet, so I shop blind so to speak.  I got home and found they were selling, so I listed them for a total of $210.00 with free media mail shipping.  I sold one in a few days for $59.99, and woke up Thursday morning (Oct 18) to find a second sold for $69.99.  However, there was a message from the second buyer stating he wanted to cancel the purchase because the book would not get there by Saturday the 20th (he is in Florida, I am in Massachusetts).  He did say if I could get it to him by then, he would go ahead with it. I checked out Priority shipping at USPS, and found that they could get it there by the 20th (fingers crossed), so I went for it!  Got it to the Post Office as soon as they opened, and got it mailed out via Priority Medium FRB.  I sent him a message saying it was mailed out, but have not heard back from him.  I gotta say, I'm a little nervous!
In other news, tomorrow is our yard sale day so tonight we will get all our addresses programmed into our GPS and get an early start tomorrow morning.  I will post our finds when we get home, so stay tuned!

*UPDATE 10/21* The textbook did arrive on Saturday as planned.  I am quite relieved.  I have not heard a word from the buyer, which doesn't surprise me as he just opened his account 4 days ago.

*UPDATE 1/1* The 3rd text book sold for $59.99.  A $5.00 investment turned into $189.97!  Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment