Sunday, October 21, 2012

Flea Market Finds

We went to the Olde Hadley Flea Market this morning, as we do most Sundays.  We found several good items today as you can see in the photo.  Highlights include:
All in all, not bad.  I was very happy with the phone as I have never seen, much less bought, an orange one. The seller wanted $10.00, but the jack was loose, so I offered $5.00, which he took.  I was also quite happy with the boxes of Legos and Bionicles.  I found 14 mini figures which alone should about pay for all of them.  I have been buying Legos as I find them and separating them into lots.  Now, with this haul, I will start listing them.
I also ran into a vendor selling fire grenades.  These were used in the late 1800's to the early 1900's to put out fires. I had heard about these through my interest in old bottles, but had never seen any in person.  They are filled with carbon-tetrachloride, which is very harmful to people. He said that he had bought 25 of them at an auction.  To collectors of glass, or fire fighting memorabilia, these are very desirable because few have survived to this day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment