Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thrift Store(ies) 12/26

Yesterday was the single greatest thrifting day we have had yet!  We wound up hitting 4 thrift stores (3 Salvation Armies, and 1 Goodwill).  The total haul includes:
  • 21 Shirts and Jackets
  • 9 Pairs of Shoes
  • 6 Pairs of Pants
  • 3 coffee cups
  • 2 Pyrex
We left the house at 9:30 am and did not return until 6:00 pm!  The best part was that we found items at all four stores.  Usually when we go to multiple stores, 1 or 2 will suck, and the others will be good.  So without further ado here is the breakdown:


The shoes include:
  • 5 pairs of Converse (including a pair of the knee highs)
  • Nike Alpholution basketball sneakers
  • 2 Pairs of Clarks
  • Dansko Jade Maryjanes

Jeans:
  • Coogi
  • Big Star Boot
  • Carhartt
  • Citizens Of Humanity Ingrid Stretch #002 - SOLD! $45.00
  • Miss Me Gabrielle
 
T Shirts:
  • 2 The Mountain
  • 2 Life Is Good
  • Jimmy Buffett 



  • Mirage Notre Dame Collegiate jacket (reversible)
  • Tommy Bahama and 4 Ralph Lauren polo shirts
  • Robert Graham dress shirt
  • Tommy Bahama fleece jacket
  • Also (not pictured) 2 Carhartt, 1 The North Face, and 1 Kenny Rogers Short Sleeve shirts
  • Polo Ralph Lauren Blake shirt
  • 2 Tommy Bahama Silk shirts
  • Carhartt Long Sleeve work shirt
 We came home with 41 items! That works out to less than $3.00 per item, so we should do quite well with this.  We also had a nice lunch at Five Guys on the way home.  Today the listing begins, and I should be done in a few days.  My plan is to list 10 or so items a day from now on, and i have been successful so far.
In other news, it has been snowing for about 10 hours now and we have a few inches on the ground.
Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. You guys scored! I need to reconsider what I'm trying to re-sell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    Just found your blog through another blog (Kari@SheThrifts - I think, but not sure exactly and I read so many). Nice to come across another Thrifter/Ebay Seller.

    Thanks for sharing. I see you do really well with the shoes..I haven't gotten into shoes yet, although I should (I read Meinards blog too).

    Looking forwrad to reading your future posts!

    Margaret @ Live Like No One Else

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Shoes are a great seller for us. I apologize for not posting lately, but I have been quite busy with Ebay. I will try to post some new stuff soon!

    ReplyDelete