Saturday, December 1, 2012

Lost

It was bound to happen sooner or later.  I had a perfect track record for items being delivered successfully until I sold this jacket to a buyer in Hungary on October 13th. On November 10th, I got a message from her via Ebay telling me that she had not yet gotten the jacket.  Uh oh!  I responded by asking her to wait one more week and see if it came.  She was cool with that.  A week comes and goes, and still no jacket.  Since I insure every international package with ShipSaver, I was not worried.
I opened a claim with ShipSaver and forwarded the documents they sent me to the buyer, who filled them out and submitted them.  A few days later, they told me that we had to wait several more days to file our claim.  Apparently, 45 days must pass before an item is declared lost.  She resubmitted the documents on the proper day, and within a day, the money was in my Paypal account.  I refunded the buyers money, and she was so happy, she left positive feedback!


So, if you do a lot of international shipping and don't use insurance, you should consider it.  It costs $1.00 for up to $100 worth of coverage. I just factor this into the price of the item.  It is well worth it just for the peace of mind it brings!  I also insure domestic shipments if they are fragile, or are worth over $50.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment