Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thrift Store(ies) 12/12/12 Edition

Another Wednesday, another 50% off sale at the Salvation Army!  We definitely got back on track by scoring some good items.  Pictured above, l-r:

  • Johnston & Murphy shirt
  • Jamaica Jaxx silk shirt, NWT (I only bought this because it is new and was cheap!)
  • 2 Under Armour polo shirts
  • 2 Lauren Wool/Angora sweaters
  • Burberrys of London shirt
  • Starter Mighty Ducks jacket - SOLD! $49.99 + $8.65 shipping
  • Tommy Bahama Pinehurst Golf Club shirt
  • Polo Ralph Lauren Big Pony shirt - SOLD! $25.00
Other clothing items consisted of 2 NWT Victoria's Secret bras, The Mountain T Shirt, Nike polo shirt, and a CSI T shirt.  We had been in a minor drought the past few weeks, and this trip really picked up my spirits.

Shoe finds included:
  • SAS loafers
  • Born sandals
  • Dansko clogs (blue!) = SOLD! $39.99
I found a nice pair of Air Jordans, but they were full price so I didn't pull the trigger.  If they had been in better shape, I would have bought them.  Finding Danskos always makes me happy, as they are great sellers for me.  We had not found any in a few weeks, so these were a pleasant surprise.

Autumn found a couple of plush items, a Hard Rock Cafe bear, and a Disney Duffy bear.  I once sold a pre-Duffy bear for $80.00, this one is not that valuable but for $1.50, it was a good buy.
After we left the Salvation Army, we went to an indoor "tag sale" which was basically a consignment store. We browsed around for a while, not finding too much until I saw these:

A great 60 piece set of Prolon dishes. They were listed at $50, and I made an offer for $40 which the seller accepted.  Prolon was manufactured in the town I live in (Florence, MA) at the Prophylactic Brush Company many years ago. This set is in great condition, and I am going to list it today.  Last summer, I bought a similar set at a yard sale that I broke up into lots and they sold very well.
I have my work cut out for me, so have a good one and stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. You did have a great day. We found a few nice items at our thrift store yesterday, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it's always nice to find some winners after a few slow weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Prolon are a great color. Good luck with the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I have never seen this color before. I am describing it as "burnt orange".

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a lucky piece of serendipity for me today - I picked up the sugar bowl and creamer in Aqua last week and was about to start my research into what exactly they were once I figured out they weren't the MelMac I thought they were. Imagine my surprise to see your dishes with the name I needed! Awesome find, that.

    ReplyDelete