Sunday, December 23, 2012

1000!


I have just gotten my 1000th feedback on Ebay!  This is important to me for a couple of reasons:
About 2/3 of them have come this year since I have become a full time seller.  It makes me glad to know that my buyers are happy with the items they have bought.
This particular feedback (1000) was left by a buyer from the Netherlands who bought a fragile ceramic Coca-Cola cookie jar from me on November 27th.  I packed it up as well as I could, and was a nervous wreck that it would be damaged.  It was delivered on December 10th.  I figured that if it was damaged, I would hear about it, this being the classic "no news is good news" scenario.  So I was very pleased that it arrived safely and she liked it.
Finally, looking back over the past year and remembering the highs (and a few lows) that I have enjoyed and learned from, I want to thank two people, without whom this achievement would not be possible:
  • Autumn - my girlfriend, partner, and head of the mighty Pioneer Valley Fashion Footwear Division.  A great picker - almost as good as me, though she will tell you different ;), several of the stores top performing categories are due to her suggestions. She has put up with me through everything and is still here.  She's a keeper, that's for sure.  Honey, I love you!
  • Meinard Agraan - the man behind The Thrift Store Reseller and the reason I got into this whole thing.  It was his guidance and friendship (and eBook) that helped me out and pointed me in the right direction.  
I thank you both, and all the buyers whom I have interacted with. I look forward to 2013, and wish everyone good luck and happiness! Thanks again!!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your milestone!

    I follow Meinard's blog as well. Although he specializes in items that are way out of my comfort zone, his blog gives me hope that maybe just maybe one day I can convince my husband he would enjoy this eBay thing too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Before I started this, Autumn used to drag (and I mean drag) me to the thrift stores. Now not only do I go willingly, I enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your accomplishments! I look forward to reading about your success for 2013 too!
    Lisa @ Happy Girl Collectibles :)

    ReplyDelete