Friday, October 10, 2014

Swagbucks - September In Review


For the past month, I have been writing about Swagbucks, a site where you earn Swag Bucks (SB) which you then redeem for gift cards and other prizes. As a follow up to the Swagbucks 101 Series, I am going to put my money where my mouth is and show you my results. In the month of September, I earned 16,341 Swag Bucks. This equals $163.41. From these earnings I bought 5 $5.00 Amazon gift cards at 450 SB each - there is a limit of 5 per month - (2250 SB), and 5 $25.00 Paypal payments at 2500 SB each (12,500 SB). This left 1591 SB in my Swagbucks account. Here is my ledger:


The biggest earnings chunk (47%) came from running the mobile apps as discussed in the Swagbucks 101 Series. I earned 7800 SB ($78.00) from them. If you only run the apps each day you can see you will get a solid payout each month.


Next came Special Offers at 3589 SB (21%). There are many ways to earn in this category. Some include Cafe Mom (on the Swagbucks Mobile app), offers from the Wall (your "Home Page" in Swagbucks), Jun Group Videos (AKA Laptop Guy), and  most things found in the "Discover" tab.


The third biggest payout was Surveys (called Answers in the ledger) at 21%. Surveys are completely hit or miss, but if you try to do the ones with the best payout for the least amount of time you can maximize your time and effort. Be prepared to get disqualified a lot. I actually stopped doing surveys because of the time involved and the failure rate. We will see how this affects my October earnings.


The next best earner was "Other" which paid 778 SB (4%).  The majority of this was 700 SB for Swagbucks Accelerator. I have since upgraded to Accelerator Plus and will write about this in a future post.


The remainder was split up among Encrave (216 SB), Bonus SB (120 SB), Swag Codes (110 SB), Searching (99 SB), Tasks (53 SB), Games (42 SB), Swagbucks TV - not the mobile app (24 SB), and Referrals (22 SB).
As you can see this is a pretty easy way to earn some extra cash with minimum work involved. Check out the Swagbucks 101 Series for more info.

Part 1 Swagbucks Basics
Part 2 Swagbucks TV app
Part 3 EntertaiNow app
Part 4 Moviecli.ps app
Part 5 Sportly.tv app

3 comments:

  1. Hey Louis,
    I signed up for SB after reading yours and Kari's posts. I got into it for a few days, then I totally lost interest because of the time involved. I have a Tracfone, so running Mobile apps is not good for me. I played solitaire and Swag Jump a lot, I let videos run while I was doing other tasks, etc. It was really time consuming and it slowed down my computer a lot. I got 250 SB for an online purchase, but it hasn't been added to my total yet and it's been a couple of weeks. I entered a bunch of Swagstakes, but of course I didn't win anything. All that effort and my balance is only 263 SB. The only think I actually have gotten is a lot of spam email and I'm starting to worry about other things like cookies that may have made themselves comfortable in my computer. Should I be worried about that? Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be a frustrating experience. I Swagged a few years ago and lost interest because of the work vs reward ratio. The main thin that got me back was the apps. I have actually bought a ZTE Concord II for $20 just to do Swagbucks. Online purchases can take a while to credit. Forget Swagstakes. I created a Gmail account specifically for Swagbucks. As far as cookies and stuff...this is something I am always concerned about. Try CCleaner to get rid of things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great month! My goal for October is $75, and I'm already more than half way there so I should make it without any problems. Thanks again for all the tips.

    ReplyDelete