Monday, August 25, 2014

The Dog Ate My Blog Post. Repeatedly.

Well a lot has happened since my last post of 5 short months ago ;)  Pioneer Valley Fashion (eBay) is going well, I have surpassed 300 listings and aim to keep increasing that. I have switched from 30 day BINs to Good Til Cancelled. 2 reasons: First, when you do 30 day (or however many days) BINs, after that time the listing ends and any linking with Google, or elsewhere is broken. With GTC, the link is good until you end it. I will probably evaluate after 3 months or so and end and refresh any non selling listings. Second, I don't have things ending and needing listing every day, so that is one less thing to deal with.
My other eBay store, which is devoted to Lego and building toys, Pioneer Valley Bricks, is doing well also. I just received Top Rated status on the 20th. I have been selling minifigures like there's no tomorrow. I have probably 50 pounds (or more) of Lego parts that I need to list. I am (still!) trying to figure out the best way to sell parts. I have about 15,000 parts listed in my BrickLink store, also called Pioneer Valley Bricks.
I began selling on Amazon FBA a few months ago. It is very good for certain things, not so great for others. The fees are on the high side, but the benefit is that I just send stuff to them and they do the rest. It is very simple.
Yesterday I imported my eBay listings to Bonanza. I am going to give it a shot for a while. I figure another avenue can't hurt.
In the past month I purchased a new camera (Nikon Coolpix L610). My last camera was gotten at a yard sale and served me well for some time. Lately it began crapping out, so I decided it was time for a new one. It works great and I am very happy with it. I bought it at Buydig for $87.00 with free shipping, got it the next day and got a free 8GB Sony memory card and a free Vivitar camera bag.
I also purchased a Brother QL-700 label printer. Let me just say this: I LOVE it! No more toner, drums, any of that stuff. All I need to buy are labels, which I found on eBay at $5.00 per roll. A roll is 100 feet long which equals about 150 labels. Shipping has gone from something I dreaded to something I look forward to.
That, in a nutshell is the past few months, and now that things are becoming more efficient around here, I should have more time to post here. Keep checking back, and happy reading.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lou,

    Sounds like you really have it going on! I look forward to hearing about the GTC and Bonanza listings. I also need a new camera, I'll look into the Nikon too.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mike, it's kinda going on, but I just wish everything would start working at the same time. GTC seems to be working well.As for the camera, 2 thumbs up! Here is the link to where I got it:
    http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=NKCPL610K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an older Nikon Coolpix. I has 9 lives, I swear. When I thought I broke it, I bought a Canon Powershot. It has so many settings that I don't know what to do with it. Miraculously, my Nikon fixed itself. It's so ridiculously easy to use. I should have just bought another one to use as a backup instead. I need to take a course to learn how to use the Canon. It will probably take better pictures if I know more about all the darn settings.

    ReplyDelete